5 Evergreen Songs by a Legendary Music Composer
Rahul Dev Burman aka RD Burman was the quintessential music composer who left a huge impact with his composition in Hindi films between 1960s and 1990s. Pancham Da as he was affectionately known composed some of the leafy songs persistent Bollywood. He is credited with introducing the electronic rock genre and jazz music to Bollywood. He died on this day in 1994 and Tuesday marks the 27th anniversary of RD Burman’s death.
On this occasion, his fans and music lovers remember him as his songs are still relevant and continue to touch our hearts. On the anniversary of RD Burman’s death, here are some songs, composed by him, that continue to hold sway in our hearts.
1. Do Lafzon Ki Hai Dil Ki Kahani: The song was one of the biggest hits of Amitabh Bachchan, Zeenat Aman and Neetu Singh’s starring film The Great Gambler released in 1979. It was sung by Amitabh Bachchan, Asha Bhosle and Sharad Kumar.
2. Tujhse Naraz Nahin Zindagi: This song seems like a comforting hug on a sad day. This song was featured in the 1983 movie Masoom. It was sung by Anup Ghoshal and written by Gulzar.
3. Kuch na kaho: The beautifully composed song by RD Burman has the melodious vocals of Lata Mangeshkar and Kumar Sanu. The song was part of the movie 1942: A Love Story.
4. Chain O Mere Dil Ke: The song is another gem of the collaboration between Kishore Kumar and Pancham da which are still played and loved. The song is featured on Rajesh Khanna and Tanuja in the film Mere Jeevan Saathi.
5. Chura Liya Hai Tumne Jo Dil Ko: The song is the perfect mix of emotion and melody.
The song is sung by Mohammad Rafi and Asha Bhosle.
Read all the latest news, breaking news and updates on coronavirus here.